The School Council is an important part of the school community. It gives pupils the chance to have their voices heard and take an active part in the school.
- There is an election in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. One boy and one girl are elected from each class.
- Each class has a class council meeting. The views and ideas of the class are collected. The views of the class are then taken to the School Council, which meets every 2 weeks, supported by a member of staff.
- They are informed of what is happening in the school and they give their views and opinions. They then take this information back to the class and discuss it with them.
- Subjects discussed at the School Council vary greatly. They have included;
- School dinners
- Playground equipment
- Ideas for new clubs
- Fundraising events for the PTFA
- The curriculum
- The school environment ie toilets
In addition to our School Council we also have School Travel Ambassadors. These children help to develop the School Travel Plan. They remind us to try to use public transport or walk to school and represent the school at award ceremonies and meetings. Below are links to our travel pledge and latest road safety letter.
Junior Travel Ambassadors Newsletters
The school council celebrating the installation of the new wildlife crossing sign.